Mattress toppers or pads are supposed to add comfort and protect the mattress. The best quality mattress toppers in today’s market are the ones made of bamboo fibers.
These fibers are usually Rayonor Viscose derived from bamboo trees. They are not only natural but also have plenty of health benefits. They can improve the quality of your sleep and your overall sleeping experience.
You will love using a bamboo mattress cover because they are-
· More breathable than any
· Keep you cool and dry
· Extremely soft and comfortable
· Naturally hypoallergic
· Resistant to odor
· More durable
Right now, there are too many brands that make bamboo mattress toppers. I selected the ones which are the most popular, have the highest customer ratings and reviews. These are also the best selling products on amazon. So you can’t go wrong with any of them.
For first time buyers, I also have added a consumer buying guide at the end of this article.
LUCID 3 Inch Bamboo Charcoal Memory Foam Mattress Topper
LUCID, the brand makes high quality and affordable bedding accessories. This Charcoal Memory Foam is one of the best bamboo mattress topper covers in the market.
It’s not any regular memory foam mattress topper. It’s infused with the Bamboo Charcoal, which is known for its ability to control temperature and odor.
It is very well ventilated and is naturally hypoallergenic. So, if you were fighting with bed buys, this might help you.
A memory foam bamboo topper will also add a layer of comfort to your older mattress. It contours to your natural body shape while relieving the pressure from the back.
There are thousands of positive reviews on the coolness and comfort. The best part, LUCID makes them in various thicknesses—2-inch, 3-inch, and 4-inch. So, you have the option to customize your bed.
The topper might have a distinct smell that usually fades within 48 hours. This is suitable for the whole family, who prioritize a good sleep.
· Three different levels of thickness to choose from
· Regulate temperature, absorbs moisture and controls odor
· Relieves back pain and adds comfort
· Top-notch quality at an affordable price
· Don’t get surprised if it takes 24 hours to expand fully
Zen Bamboo Ultra Soft Fitted Bamboo Mattress Pad
Zen Bamboo makes exclusive bamboo-made bedding products. If you are looking for something cheaper, this is the one for you.
The Zen bamboo mattress pad is made of 40% bamboo fiber derived Rayon and 60% microfibers. It’s cool-to-touch. It doesn’t sink too deep. And it has big pockets to fit and stay in place as you move during sleep.
There can be more than a hundred ‘hot sleepers’ who reviewed that it has worked for them. You will love the coolness, the soft and plush feel.
Although it’s not fully waterproof, it will likely soak up accidental spills and splashes. The best part, it is machine washable.
They are the best entry-level bamboo mattress toppers. Saying that, if you are looking for an added layer of comfort, this is not the one.
· Fits perfectly, doesn’t move or make noise
· Machine washable and tumble dry
· Sleeps cool
· Value for money
· It’s pretty thin. Don’t expect any comforting layer
ExceptionalSheets Bamboo Mattress Pad
ExceptionalSheets Bamboo mattress pad is great at adding comfort while protecting your mattress from accidental spills. The top layer has 70% Polyester and 30% bamboo-derived Rayon, which can absorb moisture and help regulate temperature.
The inner filling has artificial down-alternative fiber, which adds that extra plush feel. Some people even mention that it helped relieve back pains. Even if you don’t have backaches, you can buy it for exceptional comfort and a cozy feel when you lie.
It’s also 100% hypoallergenic and good for people with allergic issues or asthma. The elastic skirt is made to fit up to 18-inch mattress size. And without creating any bulge.
It’s not waterproof but can go in the washing machine for a quick wash. It’s made in the USA. Yet it’s more affordable than many other bamboo mattresses in the market.
· Hypoallergenic 100% Bamboo mattress pad
· Very comfortable and soft
· Made in the USA
· Not the best at cooling
Buying guide for you best bamboo mattress topper
Bamboo mattresses are more expensive. Most people buy them for their temperature regulating abilities. But there can be more when it comes to a bamboo mattress topper.
So, Why Choose a Bamboo Mattress Topper?
· Temperature control – Bamboos are naturally cool and excellent at regulating body temperature. They beat cotton at breathability. If you sleep hot or sweat a lot, you need a Bamboo filled mattress cover in your life.
· Hypoallergenic- Bamboo is a natural product, and it’s also hypoallergenic. If you struggle with allergy issues from bed bugs and dust mites, then bamboo mattresses will definitely help you. Bamboo also has anti-microbial properties. Means your body odor won’t make the bed stink.
· Comfortable and soft – If your bed is not comfortable, you won’t get the quality sleep you need. Bamboo made toppers are incredibly soft to touch. Sometimes they come with extra padding. The mattress keeps you dry and calm as it is highly breathable.
· Non-Toxic – The Bamboo used in the bamboo mattress is entirely natural. They don’t require any harmful chemicals or pesticides for their growth. They are never harmful to anyone
Things to Remember When Buying a Bamboo Mattress Topper
The thickness– This is important if you are looking for added comfort. For this, LUCID Charcoal memory foam would be the best option. They are available in 4 different thicknesses, 2-inch, 3-inch, and 4-inch.
The fit- If it has an elastic skirt, then the fit will matter. If it is loose, it will move as you move during sleep. Or might create a bulge around the corners. So, it should have deep pockets if your primary mattress is very thick.
If you sleep hot- Bamboo is cooler than any other type. However, if you sleep very hot or sweat a lot, look for a topper that’s made of 40% bamboo fibers.
Aftercare- If you think you will wash it more often, look for the one that is machine washable or have the option to tumble dry. We suggest not washing them very frequently, and when you wash, use a good quality detergent.
Every one of us deserves a good night’s sleep. You might have a great mattress, but buying a bamboo filled mattress cover can further enhance the quality of your sleep. Right now, these three mattress toppers are the best in the market. You can choose whatever fits your budget. Just remember your comfort is the key.
Love bamboo products? You might also like these articles: